Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fresh Off the Boat Radio


Driving home from work, not content with the songs on my usual stations of interest, I started scanning and heard Numa Numa playing on 107.1 FM. I had never heard Numa Numa on the radio and was curious - what was this station?! I've never heard European music on Portland's airwaves, and even though it had terrible static (battling for the waves with klove - why is klove everywhere?) I discover:

DJ Siniy with Fresh Off the Boat, a station from Mt. Hood Community College playing Russian/European music Thursdays from 5-7pm.

The actual station is 89.1 FM - for some reason 107.1 was picking up the waves.

Naturally now I'm feeling a smidge nationalist so I'll listen to some Oleg Gazmanov.

Also, can't wait for Eurovision 2011. Lena, the winner of 2010 was great. My other favorites: Turkey, Armenia, and Greece. Russia was something special, to this day I have not concluded how I feel about them. Hope 2011 will be a better one for Russia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Find the latest used and new boats for sale.
Great used boat deals and prices.
More here used boats indiana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...