Friday, December 17, 2010

My Favorite Punch + Christmas Dinner


My cousin Olga said this was the best drink she's ever had. Its definitely my favorite punch and its pretty much a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Thank you Linda for the recipe:

Banana Slush Punch
(54 servings - but keep note, people will want seconds)

4 ripe bananas
2 cups white sugar
3 cups water
1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
3 cups water
3 liters ginger ale; the colder the better.

In a blender, combine bananas, sugar and 3 cups water. Blend until
smooth. Pour into a large bowl and stir in pineapple juice. Blend in
orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate and 3 more cups water.

If making it in advance:
Divide into 3 plastic containers and freeze until solid.

Remove from freezer 3 to 4 hours before serving. Using one portion at a
time, place slush in a punch bowl and pour in 1 liter of cold ginger ale
for each.

**************

Also excited for my parents to visit us for Christmas dinner this week. This will be the first holiday we will be hosting at our place. My mom is a tough cook to please, but I'm prepared with the following recipes:





I'll leave her the honor of making the dessert. She makes the best Russian pastries - maybe someday I'll learn...

Some more tools for holiday entertaining that may be useful:


West Elm's DIY Downloads

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...