Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

Working in Beaverton for the past two months, I have learned quite a bit about the city that is home for 87,500 people. I have discovered unique antique shops, quirky restaurants, and a bountiful farmers market. The city has much to be proud of, including a bakery that has been in Beaverton since 1925.


The Beaverton Bakery will always have a special place in my heart because in 2009, during my search for someone who could make me a cake like this:


They were the only ones willing to commit, despite the complexity and danger of fondant melting due to the heat of summer. They committed, and did a wonderful job:


Now the difficult part is walking down the streets of Beaverton and resisting the strong aroma of baked goodness. I may succumb to the temptation every once in a while, but mainly the whiff of freshly made cake reminds me of our special day, which is usually enough to satisfy.

2 comments:

katie [the bright life] said...

Aww, I remember thinking how pretty and unique was! They did a wonderful job!!! :)

Michelle said...

Yes! Beaverton Bakery is hard to resist! Beautiful cake

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...