Friday, November 12, 2010

Photo Book Website Review

There is something extra special about holding a professionally printed book filled with family photos. The excitement from holding such a polished family keepsake is one reason why I love photo books. Another is that it is super easy, clean, and is probably, in the long run, cheaper than scrapbooking.

Well its supposed to be super easy. I've tried several different programs/websites for creating photo books and here is what I have found.


Shutterfly - Maybe I'm biased because I used Shutterfly to make my first photo book, or maybe they simple are just super amazing. It is extremely easy to use their program, it is very intuitive and easy to follow. They have multiple uploading and many choices for customizing backgrounds. The best part is they are always running some sort of deal and every once in a while I get an email for a free photo book. I've used it several times and I love it. What can beat getting a $20 product for free? A downside is that they don't have many font options and have limited options for text.


Kodak Gallery - An absolute nightmare. Well, they have nice sleek background choices and I like their font options, but the program is very glitchy. I have found myself muttering at the computer multiple times while trying to create a book. It is frustrating and sometimes freezes. The only reason I'm sticking through with using it this time is because I have a Mamapedia coupon. I will not use this program again. There are many programs out there that are a lot less painful.


Snapfish - Equivalent to Shutterfly in terms of ease of setting up a book. They occasionally have great deals for freebies, but not as often as Shutterfly.

The great thing about all of these is that you get free prints upon signing up. So far, Snapfish and Shutterfly have sent me monthly freebies, be they free greeting cards, posters, photo books, etc. to create and use. Kodak Gallery has yet to catch up.

Now your turn: Do you use online photo printing services? Which ones are your favorite?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...