Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Leftover Turkey Finds a Way


After all the delightful feasting, if you made the turkey, you're probably also going to get stuck with a bit of turkey leftovers. What do you do with these leftovers without it feeling like you're eating leftover turkey for weeks? Turkey sandwich, step-aside!

Creamy turkey pot pies are the new cool kids in town. Okay, I admit, when I first heard of chicken pot pies or turkey pot pies, I was kinda grossed out. Can chicken and pie be in the same sentence? It was a weird concept. Then I tried a piece and absolutely fell in love! I couldn't wait to make my own.

What is great about chicken/turkey pot pies is that they let you use the entire chicken. So this week, you might have turkey leftovers, but this also works amazing with leftover rotisserie chicken. I've always been kinda apprehensive about buying rotisserie chicken because we always have too much left over and don't quite know what to do with it. This was a wonderful solution.

What are your favorite ways to finish that left-over turkey?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...