Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rediscovering a childhood favorite


Wrapping up the term for my young adult literature class I decided to do my author study on Phyllis Reynolds Naylor.  Although she is most known for her award winning Shiloh, I know her from the Boys Start the War/Girls Get Even series.  I have very fond memories reading these hilarious adventures fueled with pranks, friendship and a little love between two neighboring families.  These were definitely the books that got me excited about reading and to this day I recommend it to any reluctant reader in 4th-8th grade.  I was also excited to find out that she's added to the series since I last checked.  Maybe I'm too old for this kind of book, but there is always room for a little trip down memory lane, right? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...