Saturday, December 20, 2008

Never alone

Today, I was sitting on my laptop going through some wedding planning details when my little 7 year old brother runs in begging to play with him. He is a musical boy, so he suggested we go to the room with the piano so I could still work on the computer while he plays and sings for me. So the darling started singing about how I would be getting married to David and that he would miss me. This inevitably made my heart melt. Then he started jumping on the bed and saying how he would miss me and then he said, in a matter of fact way, to "give me a hug because I'm going to miss you."

I couldn't help myself - I started bawling. He looked at me and said reassuringly, "Elena, don't cry. You will never be alone because you have David and God."

It was the most beautiful thing that gave way to more tears. But out of the mouths of babes, the words are true. <3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...