Friday, April 22, 2011

Relationship for survival

Image via Velvet Morning

"Let us not make a mistake - that the hunger is only for a piece of bread.  The hunger of today is so much greater: for love - to be wanted, to be loved, to be cared for, to be somebody." 
Mother Theresa

I've been thinking a lot lately about the importance of relationships and friendships.  It was God's design for us to need each other - need to love and be loved, need to hear and be heard, need to connect and be connected with.  It is vital to our existence to have relationships with each other.  Without them, we are slowly stripped of our human-ness.

I am glad this was the theme during our church's prayers this week. I would like to continue this prayer - that we will continue to seek relationship with each other - not in superficial, self beneficial ways, but that we will join each other in our struggles, strengths, joys and hardships.  That we will value each other and be available for each other.  

This song is a continuation of my prayer: 




I need you, you need me. 
We're all a part of God's body. 
Stand with me, agree with me. 
We're all a part of God's body. 

It is his will, that every need be supplied. 
You are important to me, I need you to survive. 
You are important to me, I need you to survive. 
(repeat 3X) 

I pray for you, You pray for me. 
I love you, I need you to survive. 
I won't harm you with words from my mouth. 
I love you, I need you to survive. 
(repeat 8 X)

It is his will, that every need be supplied. 
You are important to me, I need you to survive.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...