Thursday, May 26, 2011

2011 Eurovision Recap

Overall, this year's Eurovision was a disappointment.  Barely any of my favorites made it past the semi-finals and the top 10 did nothing short of making me groan in agony. I guess my taste is not necessarily that of the voting population in Europe.

In any case, here are my favorites.  Feel free to post your favorites.

My absolute favorite, probably for its cuteness and uplifting vibes:



I also enjoyed:

Italy's Raphael Gualallazi with Madness of Love. It felt so Italian and romantic.

Beligium's With Love - all done acoustically.  Such talent! I don't know why they didn't get into the finals.

Belarus' belched a patriotic anthem - I Love Belarus.

Denmark's New Tomorrow by A Friend in London was inspiring.

Lipstick by Jedward from Ireland is pretty fun and wacky.

Yet, somehow this song won. Why?!?

Anyways, what are your favorites? If you aren't familiar with Eurovision and are curious, wikipedia has a pretty good summary (of course).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...